Before You Begin:
- If you also purchased a Barkow 600 Series Van Carrier, it will be easier to install the roof rack prior to the glass carrrier being mounted onto the van.
- This high-quality stainless steel roof rack is designed to fit all American-made cargo and passenger vans with rain gutters.
- The center Crossbar is adjustable vertically to compensate for the gutters’ curvature and create a level plane with front and rear Crossbars.
- 7/16″ open-ended wrench
- 7/16″ socket wrench
- Tape measure
Step 1 – Assemble the Crossbars
- Use the Assembly Drawing and Packing Checklist to verify that you have all of the correct parts.
- Slide two (2) tie-downs onto the center of each Crossbar. Finger-tighten to secure them in place. You will wrench-tighten them later.
- Slide two (2) Corner Brackets onto each Crossbar. Install the adjustable Corner Brackets on one Crossbar. This will be the center Crossbar on the van. Finger- tighten brackets to secure them in place temporarily.
Step 2 – Position Front and Rear Crossbars
- Carefully place the Front and Rear Crossbars loosely onto the van.
- Front Crossbar must be placed approximately 16″ back from Door Jam.
- The Corner Brackets should fit into the gutter putty and the J-Hooks around the outside edge of the rain gutter.
- Center the Crossbars on the Corner Brackets, measuring from the end of each Corner Bracket to the end of each Crossbar.
- Loosely tighten the 7/16″ bolts connecting the Corner Brackets to the Crossbars.
- Loosely tighten the 7/16″ bolts under the Corner Brackets clamping the J-Hooks against the outside of the rain gutter.
Step 3 – Position center Crossbars
- Carefully place the Center Crossbar loosely onto the van. Locate this Crossbar approximately 301/2″ from the Front Crossbar. Tighten the bolts securing the J-Hooks to the gutter just as you did for the front and rear Crossbars.
- Determine the necessary height for the center Crossbar. Place a ladder, or anything else rigid and level across the Front and Rear Crossbars. Slide the Center Crossbar up to meet the bottom of the ladder and tighten the 7/16″ bolts firmly.
- Reposition the Crossbar Tiedowns wherever desired. Firmly tighten all bolts.
**Important: Re-torque all bolts and fasteners after two weeks to adjust for settling.**
These instructions are also available in downloadable PDF format.